Begin to develop a high level of skill through training for your Surf Life Saving Bronze Medallion. The Bronze Medallion is the core award for active surf lifesavers.
Training sessions are designed to ‘test’ a person’s competency in a variety of areas. The training provided is to the highest standard using both practical and theoretical components.
All skills taught in this course combine to help the candidate become an essential member of the surf life-saving team.
You must be 15 years and over on the date of the dry assessment to qualify for the award.
Provides participants with the knowledge of basic patrolling and surf awareness in order to be able to participate in lifesaving operations. The course runs over a period of approximately 8 weeks and includes two sessions per week, one on Thursday and one on a Sunday.
If you are interested in participating in obtaining your Bronze Medallion, please contact the Chief Instructor.
- Course Start: TBA
- Course Assessment: TBA
Session Dates & Times
11:45 am to 1:00 pm
Newport Beach SLSC
7:00 pm to 9 pm
Newport Beach SLSC
- Every Thursday/Sunday following for the next 8 to 10 weeks until the wet assessment.
- Due to limited resources, there is a maximum number of participants that will be accepted.
Age minimum 15 years at the time of dry assessment. All participants must be able to complete a timed 400-metre pool swim within 9 minutes prior to starting the bronze course and will be completed during the first session.
To view costs and join, view our membership page »
Course Details & Curriculum
Contact: Brendan Menzies Chief Instructor Newport SLSC
- Surf Rescue Certificate
- Bronze Medallion
- First Aid Certificate
- Spinal Management
- Advanced Resuscitation Techniques Certificate
- Mental Health First Aid
- IRB Crew
- Advanced Emergency Care
- Silver Medallion Aquatic Rescue
- Silver Medallion IRB Driver
- Silver Medallion Beach Management
- Gold Medallion
- Rescue Water Craft Operator (jet skis)
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs or “Drones”)