A warm welcome to new Nipper members!
It’s great that you’d like to get involved in our Nippers programme. It is compulsory for at least ONE parent/carer to register as a General Member but much more fun if both parents/carers register! Why?
- You cannot assist in Nipper activities unless you are a member.
- Sunday morning Nippers will be much for more fun for you and your kids if you’re helping out.
- If you injure yourself at Nippers, you will be covered by insurance.
Nipper Membership Fees
Join the Club
It only takes a few simple steps. Note: if you are transferring from another club, please scroll down to the next section.
Visit the Surf Life Saving Australia Member Join page, choose Surf Life Saving Club then follow the prompts.
IMPORTANT: Nippers aged U6 – U15 must have at least one parent/guardian join as a General Member. As you are joining as a family, please select My Family when you see the I want to join field.
Once your application form is submitted, click the make a payment link and pay your membership fees. If you have an Active Kids Voucher, please enter the full value of your membership fee ($90) in order to claim the maximum value of the voucher. View our Membership Fees.
Email our Registrar a proof of age document (passport or birth certificate) for each new member.
Once we have received your online application for membership, our registrar will be in touch if anything is outstanding. Once your membership has been processed and your membership fees have been paid, you will then be able to set up a Members’ Portal account – a one-stop-shop for everything surf lifesaving!
Transfer from another Club
If you are transferring to Newport SLSC from another Surf Life Saving Club, you must request a transfer via the Members Area:
- Login to the Members Area and select Memberships, then Renewals, Payments & Transfers, then Join/Transfer to a new organisation.
- Select I want to join a surf club, or transfer to a different surf club.
- Select the Organisation you want to transfer to:
State = Surf Life Saving NSW
Branch = Sydney Northern Beaches
Club/Organisation = Newport
- You will then be given 3 options and you must choose one of these options:
- Full transfer – You completely leave your current club.
- Competition rights transfer – Keep your membership at your current club(s) but move your competition rights to a new club. You will then have dual membership.
- Non-competition rights transfer – Join another club, while keeping your membership and your competition rights at your current club. You will then have dual membership.
- Update your email address, home address and mobile phone number.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to complete the appropriate declarations and submit your request.
- IMPORTANT: you will then be directed to the MAKE A PAYMENT screen.
- Select Click here if you wish to pay on-line.
- Membership fees will then be displayed.
- Follow the prompts for payment.
- Transfers between clubs need to be approved by both the club that a member is leaving and the club the member is joining. This process is not instantaneous.
- To follow the status of your membership transfer, contact the Registrar of the club you are leaving or the Newport SLSC Registrar.