Notice is hereby given that the 111th Annual General Meeting for Newport Surf Life Saving Club Inc will be held on Sunday, 26 July 2020 at 3 pm. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the meeting will be held online via a Zoom Cloud Meeting. Details regarding how to join will be emailed to all members, and posted on our website, several days prior. Presentation of Club Awards and Honours will take place at the beginning of the 2020-2021 season.
1. Notice of Motion
MOVED THAT notwithstanding anything in the Club Constitution the timing, format and conduct of the meeting be accepted and that any challenge arising from any procedural irregularity in, or to, notice, or the conduct, of the meeting be waived.
3. A minute’s silence to honour our lost members and fellow lifesavers
4. Confirmation of the Minutes of the 110th Annual General Meeting
5. Business Arising from the Previous Minutes
6. President’s welcome and summary of the 2019-2020 Season
7. Hon. Treasurer’s Report for the 2019-2020 Season
8. Invitation to speak to the Report
9. Adoption of the Report for the 2019-2020 Season
10. Election of Office Bearers
11. Election of Judiciary and Life Membership and Service Honours Committee
12. Appointment of Auditor, Public Officer and Honorary Legal Officer
13. Notice of Motion for Affiliation to SLSA
It is recommended that affiliation be sought for the 2020-2021 season with Surf Life Saving Sydney Northern Beaches Inc. (The Branch). Further that the Articles, Constitution, By-laws, Regulations and Resolutions, together with the awards and equipment of The Branch, Surf Life Saving NSW, and Surf Life Saving Australia Limited be accepted without reservation.
Proposed: Jan Proudfoot
Seconded: Robert Emerson
14. General Business of an urgent nature only
15. Meeting Closure