Notice is hereby given that the 112th Annual General Meeting for Newport Surf Life Saving Club Inc will be held on Sunday, 25 July 2021 at 3 pm. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the meeting will be held online via a Zoom Cloud Meeting. Details regarding how to join will be posted on our website, the day prior. Presentation of Club Awards and Honours will take place at the beginning of the 2021-2022 season.
1. Notice of Motion
MOVED THAT notwithstanding anything in the Club Constitution the timing, format and conduct of the meeting be accepted and that any challenge arising from any procedural irregularity in, or to, notice, or the conduct, of the meeting be waived.
3. A minute’s silence to honour our lost members and fellow lifesavers
4. Confirmation of the Minutes of the 111th Annual General Meeting
5. Business Arising from the Previous Minutes
6. President’s welcome and summary of the 2020-2021 Season
7. Hon. Treasurer’s Report for the 2020-2021 Season
8. Invitation to speak to the Report
9. Adoption of the Report for the 2020-2021 Season
10. Election of Office Bearers
11. Election of Judiciary and Life Membership and Service Honours Committee
12. Appointment of Auditor, Public Officer and Honorary Legal Officer
13. Notice of Motion for Affiliation to SLSA
It is recommended that affiliation be sought for the 2021-2022 season with Surf Life Saving Sydney Northern Beaches Inc. (The Branch). Further that the Articles, Constitution, By-laws, Regulations and Resolutions, together with the awards and equipment of The Branch, Surf Life Saving NSW, and Surf Life Saving Australia Limited be accepted without reservation.
Proposed: Jan Proudfoot
Seconded: Guyren Smith
14. Life Member nomination – details provided
Notice of Motion
MOVED THAT A poll of the voting takes place via an electronic form. A poll will be sent to all eligible voting members who are present to the members’ email addresses (as recorded in the Members Area portal/Personal Details) by 5 pm on 25 July 2021. The anonymous poll will close at 8 pm on 25 July 2021. Only those present (as determined by meeting registration) and entitled to vote and are allowed one vote.
Proposed: Glen Borg (Chairperson)
Seconded: Jan Proudfoot
15. General Business of an urgent nature only
16. Notice of Motion
MOVED THAT the meeting be adjourned until 1 August 2021 at 3 pm to announce the poll results. We will present the Life Membership as soon as possible, subject to COVID-19 restrictions, in the Robin Cale Room, Newport Surf Life Saving Club.
17. Meeting Closure