by James Brooks
What an outstanding effort by our crew that raced in this season’s KNG series! When we established the Academy, one of our major goals was to keep the best athletes in NSW and prepare them to succeed in the pro series. To have seven athletes qualify was a remarkable effort for our club and program.
Our athletes raced over two weekends on three consecutive days over very challenging race formats. It was a privilege to watch our crew represent our club at the highest level in iron racing. Each and every one of our crew was outstanding and we should all take great pride in their collective efforts.
- Emily, you were great in your first full season in the series – you have such a great future ahead of you.
- Maddie, amazing effort and results after you only decided to trial when COVID gave you some extra time for training. A really great performance.
- Jemma, it’s such a pleasure to have you in our club. Your consistency and results were outstanding, particularly given your restricted preparation. What a great racer you are.
- Lizzie, what can I possibly say about your efforts and results over the last 3 weekends? You were just so close to winning in nearly every single race. Your consistency, tenacity, and results were absolutely inspiring. Another 3rd overall is a fantastic performance.
- Isaac, an awesome effort to balance your racing with your new role as a primary school teacher. You had some very good races thru the series.
- Zac, What an outstanding effort in your first iron series. A podium finish and an overall 8th are just incredible for an under 19 – your future is incredibly bright, anything is possible.
- Jacko – an overall 6th is an absolutely awesome result. An improvement of 5 spots from last season, your dedication and commitment to improving your performance make you such a great role model for our younger athletes.
- Finally – our coaches, Trent, Nick, Luke, and Aaron – thanks for all of your commitment and hard work having them perfectly prepared.
- Our trailer drivers – Aaron, Trent, Richard – THANKS SO MUCH.
- Everyone else that helped – THANKS.
Our focus now turns to the state open this weekend. We are aiming for our 8th consecutive title. BRING it on. #uptheport