Skip to content
By Michael King
- Our annual Surfboat carnival was held last Saturday, 11.11.2023.
- A typical challenging Newport shore break to start the day settled down as the tide dropped, the building nor’easter made for hard work heading to sea but an exciting run home.
- It was a good win for our open women, Thunder, in their first start after having last season off.
- It was a big day, and effort from all the rowers setting up and packing up, busy all day.
- Megan and Mark Hayward, and Bernie Howard played their important roles as officials.
- Thanks to Lily Tancred and our excellent first aiders, Matt Edwards and the IRB team, for setting the cans, ensuring water safety and bringing all the gear in.
- Thanks also to Guyren Smith, Liam Taurins and Jess Menzies, who were there all day, ready to help out if required.
- Another successful day and a great club effort.
- The featured image is of the Thunder punching through the shore break. Photo credit: Nic Long