The Newport SLSC Committee is very excited to reopen the club this Monday, 11 October, after many months of closure due to NSW Government COVID 19 Health orders.
The following processes and procedures are currently in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and include, but is not limited to:
- All members (over the age of 16) wishing to enter the club must have received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine or have a medical exemption.
- Anyone under 16 can enter if unvaccinated but must be in the company of a member of the person’s household who is fully vaccinated. Members under the age of 16 on patrol or involved in training or education are exempt from this requirement.
- The 4sqm rule will apply to indoor areas, with the 2sqm rule applying to outdoor areas. Members are expected to adhere to the area limits throughout the club, including the bathrooms downstairs.
- Standing while drinking is only permitted in outdoor areas
- Masks will be mandatory in all indoor areas and for customer-facing staff in outdoor areas
- All members, visitors, and staff are to refrain from singing and dancing
- Implementation of 1.5m social distancing
- All members, visitors, staff and contractors will need to sign in and out using the Service NSW app
- COVID Safety Officers and COVID Safety Marshalls may ask for proof of vaccination and check-in. If there is no proof or refusal to provide proof, you will be asked to leave the club.
The Bar will reopen on Fridays from 5 pm & Sundays from 4 pm from 15 October. The 4 square metre rule applies for indoor areas, limiting the Hall to 35 patrons and the deck based on the 2 square metre rule to 50 patrons. Patrons may stand while drinking if outside but must be seated while inside. Masks are not required to be worn outside, but everyone must wear a mask inside unless seated eating and drinking. Masks must be worn upon entry and while ordering from Bar.
The Surf Club Gym will also reopen to gym members who forward evidence of double vaccination, at which time their access swipe will be reactivated. An email has been sent to the gym members explaining this process.
These restrictions are mandatory as of 12:01 am Monday 11 October 2021 and will be reviewed once NSW reaches 80% double vaccination, and new Public Health Order has been released.
Separate information has been provided regarding Patrols, Lifesaving education, Sports Training and Competition. Information regarding Nippers will be provided later next week; however, we aim to commence Nippers on 31 October, subject to updated health orders.
We do look forward to seeing you all on the beach and in the club this summer.